Hi Everyone! We wanted to start off this blog with some of a few of our favorite vegan food bloggers because well … food is most important of course! If you are new to being vegan it may seem very difficult at first to not have all the food you had before but these 5 bloggers show us how easy and DELICIOUS it can be to eat compassionately. Have a scroll down to see some of our favorites!
1. The Minimalist Baker is definitely a favorite of ours. All of their recipes are 10 ingredients or less and most are vegan AND gluten-free! Whether it is their 1-Pot Vegan Barbacoa or one of our staples, the Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Burrito (pictured below), there is a recipe for whatever you are craving!
2. Vegan Yack Attack is a force to be reckoned with! Jackie Sobon has a very similar journey to vegan that I think a lot of us can identify with. With the hopes of knowing what exactly was in her food she started cooking at home and filming it for us all to see and enjoy. She even has raw vegan recipes for those that are interested. One of our favorites is the Buffalo Chickpea Nachos!
3. Oh She Glows is another top pick! The great thing about Angela’s recipes is that in addition to being meat and dairy-free, most of her recipes are also free from gluten, soy, and other processed foods. Talk about whole foods plant-based goodness! Why don’t you treat yourself to some of her amazing Vegan Cinnamon Rolls because everyday is a great day for cinnamon rolls!
4. Healthy Happy Life is the place to go for EVERYTHING! There is nothing that Kathy doesn’t have a recipe for. Just because you are vegan doesn’t mean you have to give up on a big tasty burger. Why not try these mouth-watering Pineapple Teriyaki Portobello Burgers with Avocado (say that ten times fast!) or her BBQ Tempeh Avocado Sandwich (pictured below). Next time your non-vegan friends say you’re missing out on their In-And-Out just whip them up one of these! Both are definite crowd pleasers.
5. Hell Yeah it’s Vegan! Hell yeah is right with these recipes from another one of our favorite bloggers! When you are dying for some good old comfort food look no further. The author goes a step further to add a “Veganize Everything!” which is a great way for you all to find your VegAlternative to the foods you no longer eat. Umm…Vegan Corn Dogs anyone?
I hope you all enjoyed looking at some of our favorite vegan food bloggers. You do not have to sacrifice delicious meals by going vegan. There are plenty of amazing recipes out there that are cruelty-free to our animal friends. If you know and love another recipe blogger leave a comment below!
Kate and Meg